Welcome to The Arcade Library!
Arcade is an easy-to-learn Python library for creating 2D video games. It is ideal for beginning programmers, or programmers who want to create 2D games without learning a complex framework.
Arcade is built on top of Pyglet and OpenGL.
.. image:: https://img.shields.io/badge/PRs-welcome-brightgreen.svg?style=flat) :target: http://makeapullrequest.com :alt: Pull Requests Welcome
.. image:: https://img.shields.io/badge/first--timers--only-friendly-blue.svg :alt: first-timers-only Friendly :target: http://www.firsttimersonly.com/
.. image:: https://img.shields.io/pypi/dm/arcade :alt: PyPI - Downloads
.. image:: https://img.shields.io/github/commit-activity/m/pythonarcade/arcade :alt: GitHub commit activity
.. image:: https://img.shields.io/pypi/l/arcade :alt: PyPI - License
- For full documentation see https://api.arcade.academy
- For installation: https://api.arcade.academy/en/latest/install/index.html
- For example code that uses the Arcade library see: https://api.arcade.academy/en/latest/examples/index.html
- For API documentation see: https://api.arcade.academy/en/latest/quick_index.html
- Learn Arcade AND how to program: https://learn.arcade.academy
- Release notes: https://api.arcade.academy/en/latest/development/release_notes.html