Welcome to Auto-Subliminal, the automated python subtitle downloader!
This is a modified version of the discontinued Auto-Sub Alpha 0.5.8 project (https://code.google.com/p/auto-sub/). It makes use of Subliminal (https://github.com/Diaoul/subliminal) for checking and downloading subtitles.
What it does
- Easy and straightforward script that scans your TV and MOVIE contents
- If no SUBTITLE is found (externally or internally) it will attempt to download one by using Subliminal
- Subliminal will attempt to match the correct version of the subtitle with the file located on the disk
- Once every day it will do a full rescan of your local content
- Support to search/save/delete a subtitle individually
- Support to play a video remotely (need to register a custom protocol handler on your remote machine)
- To run Auto-Subliminal from source you need Python 3.6 or higher
- Packaged external libraries: see libaries.txt
How to use
- Install python
- On Windows: Install pywin32
- Start the script: " python AutoSubliminal.py "
- A web browser should now open
- Go to the config menu, check the settings and make sure you set at least:
- Video paths: The root folder(s) of your series and/or movies
- Default language: Your primary subtitle language
- Subliminal settings: Your minimal match score and used providers
- Restart Auto-Subliminal
Enjoy your subtitles!