What is I2P?
I2P is an anonymous overlay network - a network within a network. It is intended to protect communication from dragnet surveillance and monitoring by third parties such as ISPs. I2P is used by many people who care about their privacy: activists, oppressed people, journalists and whistleblowers, as well as the average person.
- The I2P Project
- Projects using I2P
- Self Hosted
- Unfinished implementations
The I2P Project
- I2P - The first implementation. Written in Java.
- I2P Android - Android release of the I2P router. (Google play)
- I2P Android - Android release of the I2P router. (F-Droid)
- I2Pd - A C++ implementation of a I2P router.
- Kovri - The Kovri I2P Router Project, a fork of I2Pd by the Monero project.
Projects using I2P
- I2P-Bote - I2P-Bote is a plugin for I2P that allows users to send and receive emails while preserving privacy. It does not need a mail server because emails are stored in a distributed hash table. They are automatically encrypted and digitally signed, which ensures no one but the intended recipient can read the email, and third parties cannot forge them.
- I2P-Bote Android - Android release of I2P-Bote. (Google Play)
- Syndie - Syndie is an open source system for operating distributed forums, offering a secure and consistent interface to various anonymous and non-anonymous content networks.
- i2pdbrowser - i2pd browser bundle.
- Anoncoin - The Anoncoin project.
- Monero - Monero is a secure, private, and untraceable cryptocurrency. It is open-source and accessible to all. With Monero, you are your own bank. Only you control and are responsible for your funds. Your accounts and transactions are kept private from prying eyes.
- GOSTCoin - GOSTCoin (GST) is a digital currency based on blockchain technology. It allows instant payments worldwide with focus on privacy and security of its users.
- Transmission-I2P - Anonymous torrent client Transmission-I2P.
- MaladaN-Messenger-Client - An end to end encrypted Messenger that uses the signal protocol over the I2P network.
- i2pchat - I2PChat. Previously I2P Qt Messenger.
- cliqueclique - p2p forum on top of i2p.
- i2p-tools - This tool provides a secure and efficient reseed server for the I2P network. There are several utility commands to create, sign, and validate SU3 files.
- I2PMonitor - I2P monitor and control application for Mac OS X.
- darkweb-everywhere - HTTPS Everywhere rulesets for hidden services and eepsites.
- i2p-tools - Assorted I2P tools and scripts.
- i2pberry - I2Pberry - I2P for the Raspberry Pi.
- i2pd-tools - Some useful tools for I2P.
- pyreseeder - Reseed data managment tools for I2P.
- transi2p - Transparent proxying for I2P and forwarding other addresses to Tor or clearnet.
- fl - Reverse proxy to Flibusta via Tor or I2P.
- si-i2p-plugin - An experimental approach to provide a destination-isolating mechanism for http-over-i2p.
- i2pd-webui - Fancy i2pd web user interface.
- tahoe-lafs-i2p - Tahoe-LAFS is a Free and Open decentralized cloud storage system. It distributes your data across multiple servers. Even if some of the servers fail or are taken over by an attacker, the entire file store continues to function correctly, preserving your privacy and security.
- py-i2phosts - py-i2phosts is a hostnames registration engine for I2P.
- i2spy - Takes stats from many i2p nodes, and holds them in a centralized location.
- i2pjump - I2P jump service. A sort of slave DNS server for I2P.
- i2p.to-web - Web portion of i2p.to, an I2P inProxy.
- i2p-reseeder - I2P Reseeder written in Python (WSGI).
- MaladaN-Messenger-Server - MaladaN Messenger Server end, for messaging using the signal protocol through I2P.
- meeh/i2pd - Prebuilt i2pd docker image.
- meeh/i2p.i2p - Prebuilt i2p docker image.
- i2p-docker - Java I2P router in Docker.
- i2pd-docker - Dockefile and some scripts to run i2pd in a container.
- node-i2p - NodeJS api for communicating over i2p (SAMv3 client).
- libsam3 - C SAMv3 library.
- i2psam - C++ SAMv3 library.
- bobcpp - C++ BOB library.
- txi2p - I2P bindings for Twisted.
- i2plib - Python bindings for SAMv3.
- i2p.rb - I2P.rb is a Ruby library for interacting with the I2P anonymity network (last update 2010).
- i2p.socket - drop in python socket module that uses i2p.
- rust-i2p - This repository is a pure Rust implementation of the I2P protocol stack.
- goSam - A go library for using the I2P Simple Anonymous Messaging (SAM version 3.0) bridge.
- i2pdotnet - .NET library for using the I2P Simple Anonymous Messaging (SAM v3.0) bridge.
- haskell-network-anonymous-i2p - Haskell API for I2P anonymous networking.
- libtorrent-i2p - libtorrent modified to download torrents anonymously.
- php-sam - Basic SAMv3 implementation in PHP
- nginx-i2p Cookbook - This Chef cookbook contains i2p-specifig config for logging i2p-desthashes.
- i2phosts - Automatic I2P Hosts synchronization I2P to Internet.
- i2pbootstrap - I2P Bootstrap script to automate much of the router setup process on remote servers.
- anonym8 - Sets Transparent proxy tunnel through Tor, I2P, Privoxy, Polipo and modify DNS; Include Anonymizing Relay Monitor (arm), macchanger and wipe (Cleans ram/cache & swap-space) features, ID spoofing has never been so easy.
- tutorial-darknet - Follow up files/scripts for i2pd+vpn+ubuntu remote i2p router setup.
- go-i2p - A pure Go implementation of the I2P router.
- i2p-cs - I2P router in C#.
- i2pcpp - i2p c++ implementation.
- i2p-lite - i2p router implementation in C11.
- ire - I2P router implementation in Rust.
- i2pd-rs - I2P Daemon written in Rust.
- Peer Profiling and Selection in the I2P Anonymous Network
- Anonymity Techniques - Usability Tests of Major Anonymity Networks
- Darknets and hidden servers: Identifying the true IP/network identity of I2P service hosts
- Privacy-Implications of Performance-Based Peer Selection by Onion-Routers: A Real-World Case Study using I2P
- I2P Usability vs. Tor Usability A Bandwidth and Latency Comparison
- Monitoring the I2P network
- I2P's Usage Characterization
- A survey on solutions and main free tools for privacy enhancing Web communications
- A Bird's Eye View on the I2P Anonymous File-sharing Environment
- Improving Content Availability in the I2P Anonymous File-Sharing Environment
- Practical Attacks Against the I2P Network