The all-in-one alternative for Sonarr, Radarr, Jackett... with a VPN and running in docker
Bobarr is a movies and tv shows collection manager for BitTorrent users. It uses themoviedb.org to search movies and tv shows to add to your library. Then it searches into your favorites torrent trackers the best match and downloads it for you through a VPN.
This is a beta release!
Need help? Join the discord => https://discord.gg/PFwM4zk
One of the main idea for bobarr is to be simple to setup, simple to use and having everything at the same place. You don't have to choose a torrent client, to setup a VPN, to setup radarr, sonarr, then jackett and connect them all together.
It's also built from scratch and it will try to solve long term problem like download multiple qualities and keep them or managing tv shows and movies at the same place. You can follow the roadmap to check what next features are implemented.
And to have something with a better UI, less configuration and faster 🚀
Run the installation script and follow the instructions:
curl -o- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/iam4x/bobarr/master/scripts/install.sh | bash
- Update your config in
Link your existing library if any (from Sonarr or Raddar)
docker-compose.ymland look for
./libraryto the folder where your (
As example, having:
/mnt/storage/ |- movies/ |- tvshows/
The line should be:
How to start
There are two way to start bobarr stack, first without VPN:
$ ./bobarr.sh start
- Go to http://localhost:9117, add your preferred torrent websites and copy the API Key in top right corner
- Go to http://localhost:3000/settings and update the jackett API key
If you want to enforce all torrent traffic through a VPN:
- Copy your open vpn config file (.ovpn) into the folder
$ ./bobarr.sh start:vpn
- Copy your wireguard config file (wg0.conf) into the folder
$ ./bobarr.sh start:wireguard
- Go to http://localhost:9117
- Add indexer and follow the steps
- Also set FlareSolverr url to
http://flaresolverr:8191in jackett configuration
- Go to http://localhost:3000/settings
- Set your region and language according to your torrent tracker
- Create and order your preferred tags found in torrent file (ex: vost, multi, english...)
- Order your preferred qualities to download
- After configuration, go to http://localhost:3000/search and just start searching!
- The files will be downloaded into
- The files will be moved/copied/simlinked (you can set this in settings) and organized into
The only requirement is to have a folder
tvshows and a folder
movies then bobarr can catch up and download to your user defined library folder.
If your movies or tvshow folder have a different name, you can edit
.env file with your folder names:
You can now head to http://localhost:3000 and hit that "Scan library folder" button.
How to stop
You can stop the whole bobarr stack with:
$ ./bobarr.sh stop
How to update
Check the CHANGELOG and update your
.env if needed with new variables added.
$ ./bobarr.sh update
$ ./bobarr.sh start
- Bobarr http://localhost:3000
- Bobarr GraphQL API http://localhost:4000/graphql
- Bobarr background jobs http://localhost:4000/jobs
- Jackett http://localhost:9117
- Transmission http://localhost:9091
- FlareSolverr http://localhost:8191
Clone the repository and then you can run bobarr API and Web UI in dev watch mode and display logs with:
$ yarn dev