A CalDav server built on Rails
This development is still in alpha. Use at your own risks.
The aim of this Rails app is to provide :
- a CalDav server accessible by CalDav clients (Thunderbird, etc...)
- a web interface to manage calendars and eveything around :
- add/update/delete calendars
- add/update/delete events/tasks
- manage share/permissions
The basics are implemented but it needs some additionnal work :
- add support for alarms
- add support for event's participants
- a cleaner/better implementation of the CalDav server
This app should be considered as a POC (Proof Of Concept) of a CalDav server implementation in Ruby/Rails.
- Finish CalDav server implementation
- Extract the CalDav server in gem (the server should be mountable in a standard Rails app)
I know some alternatives exist out there to manage calendars like :
- http://calendarserver.org/ (Python)
- http://radicale.org/ (Python)
- http://baikal-server.com/ (Php)
- https://owncloud.org/ (Php)
(The full list here)
But none of them is in Ruby.
I thought it would be nice to have a Ruby alternative. Thus this project.
You can contribute to this plugin in many ways such as :
- Helping with documentation
- Contributing code (features or bugfixes)
- Reporting a bug
- Submitting translations