Decentralized Software: Chicago
This is a group where software engineers and designers get together every month or so to talk about blockchain, the decentralized web, web 3.0, DAGs, dApps, Ethereum, etc.
This repo is for our Chicago chapter.
Want to join?
If you or someone you know would like to join, please fill out this typeform.
Once you've done that, please click the watch button on this repo (star us too!) to get notified of upcoming meeting dates or date and location changes.
Code of conduct
- We care very much about inclusion, and we aim to include lots of people from diverse backgrounds in this group. Plenty of people say they care about inclusion, but we actually do! And we would love tips on how to do an even better job of this.
- You promise you won’t come to these events for the purpose of recruiting (even if you are a recruiter for your day job), and that if you work on blockchain or crypto full-time you won't shamelessly promote the company you work for.
- You're mostly interested in the technology/software/product. If you are interested in this primarily for personal finance/investment reasons, we ask that if you'd like to participate in this group you make an effort not to talk too much about that side of things during our events.
Want to help?
Submit a pull request, file an issue, or edit the wiki. Or become an organizer of this group! Or offer to cover food and drinks or provide space for our next meeting?
- GitHub is a natural social network for a group of developers.
- Less spam than Meetup, etc.
Questions you'll hopefully respond to in the Typeform
(The Typeform for this group lives here!)
Here are a few quick questions just to get a feel for the crowd - none of these are deal-breakers. If the people who are interested end up falling cleanly into two distinct groups, we might end up creating two versions of this.
What's your email address? (So we can let you know the next time we're meeting.)
Are you interested pretty much only in Ethereum and maybe Bitcoin, or the decentralized web more generally (DAGs, IPFS, Blockstack, etc.)?
When did you first start coding or doing design/product work for your day job (probably web 2.0 software)? 0-1 years ago 2-5 years ago 5+ years ago
How many months (note the different unit of time!) have you been reading about or tinkering with software for the decentralized web?
What decentralized tool, technology, app, startup, etc. have you been thinking about most lately?
Decentralized Software in non-Chicago locations
We're open to people making a repo for other cities anywhere in the world. You can feel free to customize things as you see fit, but also feel free to use our README almost verbatim.
The only part we ask that you definitely keep in order to stick with the ethos of this group is our code of conduct emphasizing inclusion.
This Chicago repo should focus only on the city of Chicago to make sure there's a critical mass of people at the meetings, but if lots of folks would prefer to meet in the suburbs, you're more than welcome to create a new repo under the https://github.com/decentralized-software org called