Face and Emotion Recognition
This software recognizes person's faces and their corresponding emotions from a video or webcam feed. Powered by OpenCV, Dlib, face_recognition and Deep Learning.
Note : If you are facing issues installing dlib in your system then use google collab its comes as pre-installed.
testfolder contain images or video that we will feed to the model.
imagesfolder contain only images of person face to perform face recognition.
modelscontain the pre-trained model for emotion classifier.
emotion.pycan to run to classify emotions of person's face.
face-rec-emotion.pycan recognise faces and classify emotion at a time.
- face_recognition library uses the FaceNet Implementation for face recognition.For more details please visit here
To train new models for emotion classification
- Download the fer2013.tar.gz file from here
- Move the downloaded file to the datasets directory inside this repository.
- Untar the file:
tar -xzf fer2013.tar
- Download train_emotion_classifier.py from orriaga's repo here
- Run the train_emotion_classification.py file:
Deep Learning Model
The model used is from this research paper written by Octavio Arriaga, Paul G. Plöger, and Matias Valdenegro.