Game of Thrones Hacking CTF
This is a challenge-game to measure your hacking skills. Set in Game of Thrones fantasy world.
Get the 7 kingdom flags and the 4 extra content flags (3 secret flags + final battle flag). There are 11 in total.
Rules/guidelines to play:
- Start your conquer of the seven kingdoms
- You'll need hacking skills, no Game of Thrones knowledge is required. But if you play, it may contains spoilers of the TV series
- Difficulty of the CTF: Medium-High
- Don't forget to take your map (try to find it). It will guide you about the natural flag order to follow over the kingdoms
- Listen CAREFULLY to the hints. If you are stuck, read the hints again!
- Powerful fail2ban spells were cast everywhere. Bruteforce is not an option for this CTF (2 minutes ban penalty)
- The flags are 32 chars strings. Keep'em all! you'll need them
- It's supposed that you don't have physical access to the machine. Don't try to cheat. The challenge is to hack it through the network services
- Import the Linux based CTF challenge virtual machine (OVA file)
- OVA file is compatible with Oracle Virtualbox and Vmware
- The challenge vm needs 1 cpu and 1512mb RAM to work properly
- The challenge vm has its network configured by default as bridge. It will take an IP from the DHCP of your network
Downloading challenge CTF vm:
- File size: 2.33Gb
- MD5: ee5d6c1f8dfbbf95d51b9be354bc3504
- SHA1: 4672eefa5714d45889f2c982344b4d8f94c915e3
- If you get a warning/error importing machine, press "Retry" and it will be imported flawlessly
- Oracle Virtualbox
- It's recommended to use "Import Appliance" menu option instead of double click on OVA file
- If you get an error regarding network, just select your network interface
Good luck, the old gods and the new will protect you!
_____ ___ _____ _ | __|___ _____ ___ ___| _| |_ _| |_ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ | | | .'| | -_| | . | _| | | | | _| . | | -_|_ -| |_____|__,|_|_|_|___| |___|_| |_| |_|_|_| |___|_|_|___|___|
- Óscar Alfonso (OscarAkaElvis or v1s1t0r)
- Contact: [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Thanks to the beta testers, specially to j0n3, Kal3l and masAcre
- Version 1.0 (September 2017)