HFL Signage Player
Digital signage player written by Henrik Franciscus Leppä (HFL)
|Creating signs||Adding signs to a playlist||Playing a playlist|
- Creating digital signage using HTML.
- Uploading images and videos to include in the HTML.
- Each static sign stays visible for 7 seconds.
- Each sign with a video stays visible for the duration of the video.
- When a playlist moves to the next sign:
- ...signs fade in and fade out visually, and
- ...sounds of videos cross-fade.
- All work is autosaved, and no work is lost, even when offline.
- Create React App (CRA), which includes:
- React Router 4
This project is made up of 3 subprojects:
- Management UI
Getting Started / Installation
This project is cross-platform software, and as such it should be possible to run it on any operating system that supports the software listed in the "Install" step, including, but not limited to: GNU/Linux, BSD, Microsoft Windows, and macOS.
- Open a command-line in the root of the project directory.
- The command-line will automatically open Front-end and Management UI in your default browser and indicate where they can be opened in localhost and on your network.
- To change the ports of the subprojects, see their documentations.
- Go to Management UI, and create some signs, playlists, and (optionally) upload some files.
- Go to Front-end, and open a playlist.
Note: You can also run the subprojects individually by running the commands in the roots of their directories.
This project uses git-flow with default settings.