Kafka Streams : Real-time Stream Processing!
This is the central repository for all the materials related to Kafka Streams : Real-time Stream Processing!
Book by Prashant Pandey.
Visit Book's web page at Kafka Streams Book.
Buy at Google Play : Kafka Streams eBook on Google Play Store
Buy at Amazon : Kafka Streams Kindle Edition
The book Kafka Streams: Real-time Stream Processing! helps you understand the stream processing in general and apply that skill to Kafka streams programming. This book is focusing mainly on the new generation of the Kafka Streams library available in the Apache Kafka 2.1. The primary focus of this book is on Kafka Streams. However, the book also touches on the other Kafka capabilities and concepts that are necessary to grasp the Kafka Streams programming.
Who should read this book
Kafka Streams: Real-time Stream Processing! is written for software engineers willing to develop stream processing application using Kafka streams library. I am also writing this book for data architects and data engineers who are responsible for designing and building the organization’s data-centric infrastructure. Another group of people is the managers and architects who don’t directly work with Kafka implementation, but they work with the people who implement Kafka Streams at the ground level.
Kafka and source code version
This book is based on Kafka Streams library available in Apache Kafka 2.1. All the source code and examples in this book are tested on Apache Kafka 2.1 open source distribution.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 - Dawn of Bigdata
- Chapter 2 - Real-time Streams
- Chapter 3 - Streaming Concepts
- Chapter 4 - Why Apache Kafka
- Chapter 5 - Why Messaging System
- Chapter 6 - How Kafka Works
- Chapter 7 - Streaming into Kafka
- Chapter 8 - Producer Examples
- Chapter 9 - Kafka Consumers
- Chapter 10 - Kafka Streams API
- Chapter 11 - Creating Topology
- Chapter 12 - Types and Serialization
- Chapter 13 - States and Stores
- Chapter 14 - Aggregates and Tables
- Chapter 15 - Timestamps and Windows
- Chapter 16 - Joining Streams and Tables
- Chapter 17 - Streams Architecture
- Chapter 18 - Testing Streams Application
- Chapter 19 - Interactive Query
- Chapter 20 - Processor API
- Appendix A - Setup and Configuration