log-pilot is an awesome docker log tool. With
log-pilot you can collect logs from docker hosts and send them to your centralized log system such as elasticsearch, graylog2, awsog and etc.
log-pilot can collect not only docker stdout but also log file that inside docker containers.
- docker-compose >= 1.6
- Docker Engine >= 1.10
# download log-pilot project git clone [email protected]:AliyunContainerService/log-pilot.git # build log-pilot image cd log-pilot/ && ./build-image.sh # quick start cd quickstart/ && ./run
Then access kibana under the tips. You will find that tomcat's has been collected and sended to kibana.
Query the logs:
docker run --rm -it \ -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock \ -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime \ -v /:/host:ro \ --cap-add SYS_ADMIN \ registry.cn-hangzhou.aliyuncs.com/acs/log-pilot:0.9.5-filebeat
Run applications whose logs need to be collected
Open a new terminal, run the application. With tomcat for example:
docker run -it --rm -p 10080:8080 \ -v /usr/local/tomcat/logs \ --label aliyun.logs.catalina=stdout \ --label aliyun.logs.access=/usr/local/tomcat/logs/localhost_access_log.*.txt \ tomcat
Now watch the output of log-pilot. You will find that log-pilot get all tomcat's startup logs. If you access tomcat with your broswer, access logs in
/usr/local/tomcat/logs/localhost_access_log.\*.txt will also be displayed in log-pilot's output.
- Support both fluentd plugin and filebeat plugin. You don't need to create new fluentd or filebeat process for every docker container.
- Support both stdout and log files. Either docker log driver or logspout can only collect stdout.
- Declarative configuration. You need do nothing but declare the logs you want to collect.
- Support many log management: elastichsearch, graylog2, awslogs and more.
- Tags. You could add tags on the logs collected, and later filter by tags in log management.
- Go >= 1.6
go get github.com/AliyunContainerService/log-pilot cd $GOPATH/github.com/AliyunContainerService/log-pilot # This will create a new docker image named log-pilot:latest ./build-image.sh
You are welcome to make new issues and pull reuqests.