Loss Less Cropping and Image Rotation: Remove unwanted parts of jpg photo without quality loss.
While there are many apps capable of cropping images (often with additional features), they generally cause quality loss because they re-encode to JPEG again when saving the output file.
LLCrop (the "LL" stands for lossless) can crop JPEG images without quality loss because it crops the raw JPEG image without re-encoding the file. It also preserves embedded metadata (EXIF/IPTC and XMP).
Simply load a JPEG image from the in-app image browser, adjust the rectangular selection, rotate it if necessary and save it as a new image file.
Note: This app is focused on lossless JPEG image manipulation, so issues that propose additional features (e.g. support for other file formats, add resize-support or adding text to images) are out of scope.
- #1 From Android app launcher:
- Pick an image and crop it to a new public file
- #1 From any file manager or gallery app that supports intent-action-EDIT for MIME image/jpeg:
- Crop current selected image to a new public file
- #2: From any app that supports intent-action-SEND or intent-action-SEND-TO for MIME image/jpeg
- Send/SendTo/Share a cropped version of the currently selected image
- #3/#8: From any app that supports intent-action-GET-CONTENT or intent-action-PICK for MIME image/jpeg
- Open/Pick the cropping of an uncropped image
- #17 : added support for image rotation
- Android 4.4 KitKat (API 19) or newer
- CPU arm64-v8a, arbeabi-v7a, x86 or x86_64 because of the C++ cropping code
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE (to open a local image)
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE (to save the cropped image)
If you like this app please consider to donating to https://f-droid.org/donate .
Since android-developping is a hobby (and an education tool) i donot want any money for my apps so donation should go to projects i benefit from.