Manifold is an intuitive, collaborative platform for scholarly publishing. With iterative texts, powerful annotation tools, rich media support, and robust community dialogue, Manifold transforms scholarly publications into living digital works.
Watch the Video
Manifold is a collaboration, funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Mellon Foundation.
The University of Minnesota Press in partnership with the GC Digital Scholarship Lab at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York has been awarded a $732,000 grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation to launch Manifold Scholarship. The development of Manifold is performed by Cast Iron Coding, a digital development agency in Portland, Oregon.
Manifold is Open Source
Our ultimate goal is to build an open source tool that other university presses will use. To that end, we want to hear from our prospective users throughout the design and development process. To participate in the discussion, join us on our Building Manifold Development Blog. Early adopters of Manifold are encouraged to download the source code, experiment, and submit fixes and features in the form of pull requests.
Manifold is released under the Gnu Public License, version 3. See the LICENSE.md file for details
Read about Manifold in the News
- The University of Minnesota Press partners with CUNY’s GC Digital Scholarship Lab to launch MANIFOLD SCHOLARSHIP
- Univ of Minnesota Press Gets Interactive with Scholarly Books, Publishers Weekly
- GC Digital Scholarship Lab Awarded Shared Grant to Launch Manifold Scholarship
- U. Minnesota Press, CUNY Grad Center Develop Hybrid Publishing Platform, Library Journal
- Manifold Uses, Inside Higher Ed