Nerd - Nerdalize Command Line Interface
nerd that takes care of running compute jobs on the Nerdalize cloud.
Nerdalize is building a different cloud. Instead of constructing huge datacenters, we're distributing our servers over homes. Homeowners use the residual heat for hot showers and to warm their house, and we don't need to build new infrastructure.
In order to make our cloud resources accessible and easy to use, we've developed a CLI that fits your workflow. Whether you’re a researcher, engineer or developer, it allows you to easily run your computations, simulations and analyses on our cloud infrastructure.
- Moving datasets from you workstation to the cloud and back is included right into the workflow
- Nerd ensures efficient and quick datatransfers through a deduplication algorithm
- Send in thousands of jobs, Nerd makes sure your resources are used as efficiently as possible
- Package your software using industry-standard Docker containers
- Follows basic CLI conventions to provide a scriptable interface your daily dose of automation goodness
To start running your compute on the Nerdalize cloud you'll need to set up an account and download the Nerd CLI itself.
- Quickstarts - To quickly get you up and running.
- Ready-to-use Software - We have application-specific guides for Python or FFmpeg for you to get started.
- CLI Reference - For a reference of all available commands
Building from Source
If you would like to contribute to the project it is possible to build the Nerd from source:
The CLI is written in Go. Make sure you've installed the language SDK as documented here
Checkout the repository in your
git clone [email protected]:nerdalize/nerd.git $GOPATH/src/github.com/nerdalize/nerd
Go to the checked out repository and build the binary using the included bash script:
cd $GOPATH/src/github.com/nerdalize/nerd ./make.sh build
The Nerd CLI is now ready to be used in the
$GOPATH/bin/nerd Usage: nerd [--version] [--help] <command> [<args>] Available commands are: ...