nway is a source cross-matching tool for arbitrarily many astronomical catalogues.
- Bayesian match probabilities based on astronomical sky coordinates (RA, DEC)
- Works with arbitrarily many catalogues
- Can handle varying errors
- Can incorporate additional prior information, such as the magnitude or color distributions of the sources to match
- Works accurately and fast in small areas and all-sky catalogues
See the manual in the doc/ folder, https://github.com/JohannesBuchner/nway/raw/master/doc/nway-manual.pdf
A full worked example with demo catalogues is included.
The easiest way to install nway is with pip::
$ pip install nway
Add --user if you do not have admin privileges. Alternatively, download the source code and run "python setup.py install".
nway uses the following python packages:
- numpy, scipy, matplotlib
nway works with both Python 3 and Python 2 and various astropy versions.
.. image:: https://codecov.io/gh/JohannesBuchner/nway/branch/master/graph/badge.svg :target: https://codecov.io/gh/JohannesBuchner/nway .. image:: https://travis-ci.org/JohannesBuchner/nway.svg?branch=master :target: https://travis-ci.org/JohannesBuchner/nway
Please file an issue on Github if you have any problems.
Citing nway correctly
Please cite Salvato et al (2017). https://arxiv.org/abs/1705.10711 (
Get BibTex <http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/nph-bib_query?bibcode=2017arXiv170510711S&data_type=BIBTEX&db_key=PRE&nocookieset=1>_)
This program is free and open-source software, licensed under AGPLv3 (see LICENSE and COPYING files). Written by Johannes Buchner (C) 2013-2020