Popcorn API is developed to make it easier for anyone to create their own version of Popcorn Time. It contains:
- Metadata about movies (taken from Trakt).
- Metadata about TV shows and individual episodes (taken from Trakt).
- Multiple quality magnet links for every episode.
- Ability to easily filter content to the user's content.
- Add content manually through the CLI.
To setup your local machine to start working on the project you can follow these steps:
- Install MongoDB including
- Install NodeJS (at least Node v7.10.1 or greater)
- Clone the repository with:
git clone https://github.com/popcorn-official/popcorn-api.git
- Install dependencies
- Install the flow-typed libraries with
npm run flow-typed