Distributed Radius-server to do authentication+accounting.
Some of the motivations for writing this server:
- Wanted 5min interval graphs of traffic usage
- FreeRADIUS felt overly complex/forced me into a SQL structure I didn't like
- Loved a good challenge
Use of this source code is governed by a BSD-style license that can be found in the LICENSE file.
- auth https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2865
- acct https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2866
- CHAP https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1994
- MSCHAP1+2 http://freeradius.org/rfc/rfc2548.html
- MSCHAP1 https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2433
- MSCHAP2 https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2759
- MPPE (RC4 encryption) https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3079.txt
This daemon uses MariaDB/MySQL to store it's data and the SQL-file can
be found in the
Why is it distributed?
Because if MySQL is replicated this daemon shares it state with other radiusd-instances (as everything is administrated in MySQL)
To protect yourself against racing conditions between nodes it's adviced to use a replication method like Galera Cluster.
radclient is part of the freeradius project
brew install freeradius-server
No, still testing.
RadiusD is only being tested against Mikrotik their RouterOS.