rcrossref: R interface to CrossRef APIs
- Crossref API: https://github.com/CrossRef/rest-api-doc#readme
- Crossref's API issue tracker: https://gitlab.com/crossref/issues
- Crossref metadata search API: https://www.crossref.org/labs/crossref-metadata-search/
- Crossref DOI Content Negotiation: https://citation.crosscite.org/docs.html
- Crossref Text and Data Mining (TDM) Services: https://www.crossref.org/education/retrieve-metadata/rest-api/text-and-data-mining/
Stable version from CRAN
Or development version from GitHub
Register for the Polite Pool
If you are intending to access Crossref regularly you will want to send your email address with your queries. This has the advantage that queries are placed in the polite pool of servers. Including your email address is good practice as described in the Crossref documentation under Good manners (https://github.com/CrossRef/rest-api-doc#good-manners--more-reliable-service). The second advantage is that Crossref can contact you if there is a problem with a query.
Details on how to register your email in a call can be found at
?rcrossref-package. To pass your email address to Crossref, simply store it as an environment variable in .Renviron like this:
Add email address to be shared with Crossref
crossref_email= "[email protected]"
Save the file and restart your R session
To stop sharing your email when using rcrossref simply delete it from your .Renviron file.
See https://docs.ropensci.org/rcrossref/ to get started
- Please report any issues or bugs: https://github.com/ropensci/rcrossref/issues
- License: MIT
- Get citation information for
rcrossrefin R doing
citation(package = 'rcrossref')
- Please note that this package is released with a Contributor Code of Conduct (https://ropensci.org/code-of-conduct/). By contributing to this project, you agree to abide by its terms.
This package is part of a richer suite called fulltext (https://github.com/ropensci/fulltext), along with several other packages, that provides the ability to search for and retrieve full text of open access scholarly articles.