React Native deep links tutorial
Files for React Native deep links tutorial.
Tutorial URL: https://youtu.be/rvDq2WMU4mw
Libraries or tools used
- React Native
- React Navigation
- Difference between the two types of deep links
- Supporting Associated Domains – iOS
- React Native Linking Library
- Deep linking with React Navigation
- Configuring links – React Navigation
- Handling Android App Links
- Create Deep Links to App Content – Android
- Declare website associations – Android
Commands to test deep links
## Android adb shell am start -W -a android.intent.action.VIEW -d "saadibrahim://Details" com.deeplinktutorial adb shell am start -W -a android.intent.action.VIEW -d "https://saadibrah.im/Details" com.deeplinktutorial ## iOS xcrun simctl openurl booted "saadibrahim://Details" xcrun simctl openurl booted "https://saadibrah.im/Details"
Replace the URLs with your URL in the above commands and replace
com.deeplinktutorial with your application ID.
Running the app in simulator
To run the app you need yarn package manager. Once you have yarn installed, clone the repo and navigate to it's directory in terminal and run the following commands:
## to install the dependencies yarn ## to run the app on iOS cd packages/mobile/ios/ && pod install && cd .. react-native run-ios ## to run the app on Android react-native run-android