Scroll to the bottom for installation instructions.
A sample inventory tracking realtime single page app built with SocketCluster (http://socketcluster.io/), VueJS and RethinkDB. It demonstrates a way of building realtime apps.
All code for the server-side worker logic is linked from worker.js - It's mostly generic so feel free to reuse/modify for your own app or you can use this app as a base to build yours if starting from scratch.
Aside from SocketCluster, VueJS and RethinkDB, this sample app uses the following modules:
- sc-collection (https://github.com/SocketCluster/sc-collection -
npm install sc-collection)
- sc-model (https://github.com/SocketCluster/sc-model -
npm install sc-model)
- sc-crud-rethink (https://github.com/SocketCluster/sc-crud-rethink -
npm install sc-crud-rethink)
This sample app aims to demonstrate all the cutting edge features that one might want when building a realtime single page app including:
- Authentication (via JWT tokens)
- Access control using backend middleware
- Reactive data binding
- Realtime REST-like interface
- Pagination with realtime updates
Keep in mind that this app is optimized for cutting-edgeness, not for backwards compatibility with older browsers.
To make the most of this demo, you should open the web app in two different tabs/windows/browsers and make updates to the data in realtime.
To setup and run this sample:
- Make sure you have Git installed (https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Getting-Started-Installing-Git)
- Make sure you have Node.js installed (http://nodejs.org/)
- Make sure you have RethinkDB installed (https://www.rethinkdb.com/)
git clone https://github.com/SocketCluster/sc-crud-sample.git
cd sc-crud-sample(to navigate to the sc-crud-sample/ directory)
npm install(to install back end modules)
cd public && npm install && cd ..(to install front end modules inside the public/ directory)
- In a different terminal (or in the background), run
sudo rethinkdb(make sure RethinkDB stays running)
node server(to launch the server)
- In your browser, go to