Latest Status - June 13, 2021
We are looking for people to get involved! Take a look at some of the current Feature Request Issues, and let us know if you can help.
- Create Docker for Tilemill releases: https://github.com/tilemill-project/tilemill/issues/2742
- Create Survey of Users: https://github.com/tilemill-project/tilemill/issues/2743
- Get Funding for Tilemill: https://github.com/tilemill-project/tilemill/issues/2744
- TileMill is tested on Linux with Node 8.11.3 LTS, and on MacOS 10.14 with Node 8.15.0 lts/carbon
- TileMill currently only works in server mode, there is no standalone GUI. Your browser is used for the interface.
- There are no native packages provided. Installation requires cloning this repo. See details below under Installation.
- Tilemill should theoretically work on the Windows platform, but it isn't tested.
- Mapnik > v3.6.2 (but may work on earlier versions)
- Node.js: (earlier Node.js versions may work, but are not tested)
- Ubuntu: v8.11.x
- OSX: v8.15.x lts/carbon
- Protobuf: Ubunto: these need to be installed: libprotobuf-lite and protoc
Quick installation instructions for OSX:
git clone https://github.com/tilemill-project/tilemill.git cd tilemill nvm install lts/carbon nvm use v8.15.0 npm install npm start
Scripts have been created that will do most everything for you. They were written for MacOS, but may still be usable for Ubunto and Windows with some modification. (If you are successful with Ubunto and Windows, please post an Issue to let us know!)
It is also possible to run tilemill as a docker container:
git clone https://github.com/tilemill-project/tilemill.git cd tilemill docker-compose up
This will host a docker container which uses the port 20008 and 20009 for tilemill, tilemill is then reachable under http://localhost:20009 . Additionally, a postgis instance is started as well which is reachable under
host=localhost port=5432 user=docker password=docker dbname=gis
Docker hosted volumes are used for the containers, hence if you want to use sqlite dbs you have to interact with those to get the dbs into the docker container.
Build Status, Running Tests, Updating Documentation