This is a Terminal based snake game made by tristangoossens.
Please star this repository to help my first big project grow!
Documentation can be found at https://github.com/tristangoossens/snake-go/tree/master/docs.
Here is a GIF of the second version of the game! For version 1 click here.
Here is a demo on how the game settings panel works. for more information on this click here.
You need to clone the repository in order to use this function, for more information click here.
How to play
There is a handful of ways to play snake
Install the package
First of all you will need Go, you can find more information here.
When you have installed Go, you will need to install the game:
go get github.com/tristangoossens/snake-go
Then play it using the following command:
Cloning the repository
Cloning the repository is useful if you want to change any of the code or save your highscores to the markdown file.
How to clone:
git clone https://github.com/tristangoossens/snake-go.git
Then play it using:
go run run.go
Bucket list for future versions
- Implementation of the skull mechanic
- Implement game difficulty options: easy, normal, hard
- Add a setting panel for a user to change the color of the snake, food and border
- Implement a restart button / quit button on gameoverscreen
- Add score to Gameover screen
- Add instructions to the sidepanel
- (could)Create to save highscores. (markdown file)
- Create a binary release
- Add test files for all game file
- Rework title and gameover screens