Xonotic is an addictive, arena-style first person shooter with crisp movement and a wide array of weapons. It combines intuitive mechanics with in-your-face action to elevate your heart rate. Xonotic is and will always be free-to-play. It is available under the copyleft-style GPLv2 license.
Please note, Gitlab is our home for repositories, issue tracking, wikis, etc. The repositories on GitHub are mirrors of GitLab's unless specified otherwise.
LATEST RELEASE: Xonotic 0.8.2 for Linux, Windows, and macOS
If you're just here to play, you can download Xonotic as a zip package, torrent, or by using one of these alternative methods.
Package size: 946M
We're mainly looking for help in the following areas:
- More info on the wiki
- Modeling and texturing
- Some of it is still scattered in Docs instead of being on our wiki
- Some wiki pages are slightly out of date or contain links to empty pages
- Fixing typos everywhere and anywhere - attention to detail is important to make a good impression on potential players
- Even if you're new, just letting us know what you're struggling with helps so we can focus on improving those areas first
- Please don't create anything that looks official (social media accounts, entries on pages like steam, etc.) without contacting us, we like to manage things ourselves to keep the information up to date
- All other kinds of PR are very welcome - make videos or articles, share links, spread the word
To compile the latest revision from git, follow this guide. Learn more about the directory structure here, or check out our project page on GitLab to see development activity and code (xonotic-data is where most development takes place).
The community is primarily active in the forums, Matrix and QuakeNet IRC.
Developer chat is in Matrix in #dev:xonotic.org
General chat and help in Matrix in #main:xonotic.org
General chat and help in #xonotic on irc.quakenet.org
Our Gitlab wiki has a lot of information related to developing, playing or otherwise contributing to the game.
Distributed under the GPLv2 license. See the COPYING file for more details.