- We believe in open, free, and uncensored network and communication.
- No single point of failure: Site remains online so long as at least 1 peer is serving it.
- No hosting costs: Sites are served by visitors.
- Impossible to shut down: It's nowhere because it's everywhere.
- Fast and works offline: You can access the site even if Internet is unavailable.
- Real-time updated sites
- Namecoin .bit domains support
- Easy to setup: unpack & run
- Clone websites in one click
- Password-less BIP32 based authorization: Your account is protected by the same cryptography as your Bitcoin wallet
- Built-in SQL server with P2P data synchronization: Allows easier site development and faster page load times
- Anonymity: Full Tor network support with .onion hidden services instead of IPv4 addresses
- TLS encrypted connections
- Automatic uPnP port opening
- Plugin for multiuser (openproxy) support
- Works with any browser/OS
How does it work?
- After starting
zeronet.pyyou will be able to visit zeronet sites using
- When you visit a new zeronet site, it tries to find peers using the BitTorrent network so it can download the site files (html, css, js...) from them.
- Each visited site is also served by you.
- Every site contains a
content.jsonfile which holds all other files in a sha512 hash and a signature generated using the site's private key.
- If the site owner (who has the private key for the site address) modifies the
site, then he/she signs the new
content.jsonand publishes it to the peers. Afterwards, the peers verify the
content.jsonintegrity (using the signature), they download the modified files and publish the new content to other peers.
How to join
- Download ZeroNet-py3-win64.zip (18MB)
- Unpack anywhere
- Download ZeroNet-dist-mac.zip (13.2MB)
- Unpack anywhere
tar xvpfz ZeroNet-py3-linux64.tar.gz
Open the ZeroHello landing page in your browser by navigating to: http://127.0.0.1:43110/
Tip: Start with
./ZeroNet.sh --ui_ip '*' --ui_restrict your.ip.addressto allow remote connections on the web interface.
Android (arm, arm64, x86)
minimum Android version supported 16 (JellyBean)
APK download: https://github.com/canewsin/zeronet_mobile/releases
There is an official image, built from source at: https://hub.docker.com/r/nofish/zeronet/
Install from source
tar xvpfz ZeroNet-py3.tar.gz
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install python3-pip
sudo python3 -m pip install -r requirements.txt
- Start with:
- Open the ZeroHello landing page in your browser by navigating to: http://127.0.0.1:43110/
No torrent-like file splitting for big file support(big file support added) No more anonymous than Bittorrent(built-in full Tor support added)
- File transactions are not compressed
or encrypted yet(TLS encryption added)
- No private sites
How can I create a ZeroNet site?
- Click on ⋮ > "Create new, empty site" menu item on the site ZeroHello.
- You will be redirected to a completely new site that is only modifiable by you!
- You can find and modify your site's content in data/[yoursiteaddress] directory
- After the modifications open your site, drag the topright "0" button to left, then press sign and publish buttons on the bottom
Next steps: ZeroNet Developer Documentation
Help keep this project alive
- Bitcoin: 1QDhxQ6PraUZa21ET5fYUCPgdrwBomnFgX
- Paypal: https://zeronet.io/docs/help_zeronet/donate/
- Better macOS/Safari compatibility made possible by BrowserStack.com